Friday, February 24, 2012

DIY Ruffled Christmas Tree Skirt


Hey Everyone!!

So today I'm going to post my number one love of 2011 thanks to Pinterest and also to the amazing gals of Do it yourself Divas!




I took the tutorial that the girl give you here and changed it up a bit.  For my base I used that material that you seen sewn on the bottom of bathroom mats and got a yard and a half of it and made a perfect circle using my grade school technique of folding it into a cone and then taking a pencil whit a string attached to it and creating the round part.  I will post a tutorial on this with the material that I used this year around Christmas time.  I plan on doing another one in red and green.  The only thing that I sewed was the red cotton fabric.  The lace and burlap were ruffled by a no sew tutorial that I found here.  

Here are a few of more pictures of it.  I just love the way it turned out.  


Totally obsessed with ruffles!  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!


Also, if your interested in challenging yourself with actually creating the items you pin to your pinterest boards(link to blog pin), check out the Subfertile Frugalista blog!  She does contests for the PINspired people! :)


So thank you Pinterest and UCreate girls!  You added another item to my Simple Obsession List! 


Can't wait for December 2012 to sneak up on me again! Until then.... Keep creating, living, and Obsessing! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
09 10